I just installed the plugin and it seems to do what I need, but I’m finding some weird glitches with the logs.
I show this as the latest download:
7 hours ago
2013/01/28 at 14:03:02
Which makes it 21:03, but as I type this, it’s only 13:03 in my WordPress settings and only 15:03 on my server. Even more confusing is it says I ‘published’ the download link 5 hours ago (08:03), but it was more like 10:00.
So, how is this plugin determining timestamps? According to what I see, it’s logging downloads that occurred 2 hours before it thinks I installed the plugin and 4 hours before I actually did. I just want to make sure the stats are accurate.
Thanks for pointing this out. I’ll investigate now.
Here’s some more data to help…
I show a download at: 1/28/13 3:09 PM (that’s server time… it’s actually 13:09)
Here’s what the log in the plugin says for that same IP: 8 hours ago
2013/01/28 at 13:09:49
So it looks like it’s logging things right, but the ‘ago’ amount seems off. I’m going to set the cache time lower, too, so I get more accurate stats.
Yup looks like I found the problem. It was to do with how the ‘ago’ bit was calculated, it was not taking the settings in WordPress into consideration.
The cache will not affect anything other than the shortcodes, so we can rule that out.
I’ll be publishing a new update in the next few days and get this fix included.
- The topic ‘Timestamp in Log’ is closed to new replies.