Support » Plugin: Media Library Assistant » Thumbnail URL coming up blank

  • Resolved nicegamer7

    (@nicegamer7)


    Hi David,

    I’m having some trouble with MLA. I’m really at a loss with this issue, as I am using the exact same setup on another site and it is working fine.

    Anyways, the issue is the following: inside of MLA’s mla_gallery shortcode, I set mla_alt_ids_value to "{+filelink_url+}|{+thumbnail_url+}|thumb|{+title+}" and then I use my own shortcode to split these values up and insert one alternate shortcode for each item in the gallery. The issue is that {+thumbnail_url+} is being replaced with the empty string. I’ve tried using the assistant to regenerate the thumbnails, but to no avail. I tried using Xdebug and stepping through the shortcode, and as far as I can tell, the WP thumbnails are indeed generated, but for whatever reason (one that I couldn’t determine), MLA can’t seem to find them. Although, it does correctly identify that they already exist when trying to regenerate them in the assistant. I also tried deleting and regenerating them for good measure, but still nothing.

    I suppose I should mention that all the items in the gallery are PDFs. Also, here’s the intermediate shortcode I made, https://github.com/nicegamer7/MLA-Shim. The example usage is very close to what I am doing, except my gallery only has PDFs in it.

    Please let me know if you have any ideas. Thanks!

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Plugin Author David Lingren

    (@dglingren)

    Thanks for your report and for the details of your application; very helpful.

    The {+thumbnail_url+} is extracted from the {+link+} value with a regular expression match that includes the width and height attributes as well. Perhaps that is failing. If you search for ‘thumbnail_url’ in the /Media Library Assistant/includes/class-mla-shortcode-support.php file you will find the code down around lines 1609-1617.

    The mla_alt_ids_value= parameter is evaluated around line 1800-1804. You could have a look at the content of $item_values there to see what the {+thumbnail_url+} and {+link+} values are. You could also hook the mla_gallery_item_values filter just above that to inspect the values in your own code.

    If you find that the link value has changed in a way MLA isn’t processing, let me know.

    You might have a look at the _get_attachment_image_src function around lines 176-226 as well. This function is sometimes involved in processing non-image items like PDFs.

    Any additional details you can provide will be helpful. Thanks for your interest in the plugin.

    Thread Starter nicegamer7

    (@nicegamer7)

    Thanks for getting back to me. Your comment about {+thumbnail_url+} being extracted from {+link+} helped me out.

    I found that I had a filter on wp_get_attachment_link that was affecting MLA.

    Thanks a million!

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.