I’m really sorry to hear this. We do not delete any menus, Sidebars and mess up the desktop version.
Can you please help us understand what exactly was the problem that you were facing so that I can help you solve the problem?
I really want to know your feedback! @artbyheart
It will help us improve our plugin.
Hi, sorry, on CET timezone here. Sure, several issues:
1) I have 3 menus, after using your plugin, only one (my shop) is visible. I figured out that I could manually re-create the other menus by customizing this, but maintaining second menu seems to make no sense.
2) The sidebar content is gone. I had things such as sign up for my mailing list, recent posts and archieves. All of that is gone.
4) I took some time to customize the looks and almost achieved what I already had previously with my mobile responsive theme. It took some effort, way some configuration options were hidden simply don’t make any sense.
5) My theme (customized twenty fourteen) has 3 versions: mobiles, tablets and desktops. In my review I wrote that it made changes to the desktop version, but I was mistaken, it was the tablet version, which was previously the same as desktop. Installing this plugin made it equal to the mobile one.
6) Why would this plugin make non-existing social media share links, instead of sticking to the ones I had? It was not obvious that it didn’t pick up my settings for the ones I had either.
7) I achieved a drop in ranking with one of my posts that I resubmitted for Google after installing your plugin. I can provide a screenshot of the ranking change if you tell me where to send it to.
1) If you don’t want to maintain the menus then you can select existing menus to show in the AMP design as well.
2) The sidebar content is gone? The AMP does not display the sidebar, so ofcourse it won’t display the sidebar widgets. You are saying that the widgets setup from the widgets area to existing sidebars were gone too? That’s actually impossible.
3) We don’t change anything on your main website or the theme, so it’s not possible that it’s gone because of the plugin. Until I see it first hand.
4) I understand that it didn’t make sense to you, because AMP may not be your priority, does that mean that the hard work of me and my team deserves one star? just because it’s not your priority? That’s unfair in my point of view.
5) Again, We do not fiddle with the theme at all. So it’s impossible that it happened because of the plugin until I see it first hand.
6) Where did you added those social media links from? There is no standard way of it in the WordPress. Each and every theme and plugin has it’s own way depending upon the use case. It’s Impossible for us to just detect the social media links, it might be easy for you to say, but it’s easier said than done.
7) Sure, Please send it to email@example.com – I’d like to see the screenshot.
I’m sorry that our work didn’t lived up your expectation, but with all due respect, the reasons you gave are not really valid. You might be frustrated because you didn’t knew how to setup things, or it’s not what you expected, but again with all due respect, I don’t think our THOUSANDS of hours of hard work deserves one star. I’m open to criticism as long as it helps us improve the plugin.
Thank you so much for giving us a try. We hope you give us another try!
Hmmm…right. Well, seems like you trying to make a case that I don’t understand WordPress, you are wrong. If you think multiple menus and pages are OK to go missing in your AMPed version and the side bar doesn’t matter. I am not really sure it makes sense to continue. I guess it would make sense to mention that in your plugin so people who are using side bars and multiple menus won’t spend hours installing and trying to customise it?
Yes, it did mess up my theme and if you look at the other reviews, there are other who state this.
Just to let you know:
I have installed your pluging on an other of my websites where it does work little better with the theme, but still things go missing. I have been in contact with the people about my current theme and they agree with me about the incompatibility with your plugin.
- This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by artbyheart.
You definitely understand WordPress, I have no doubt in that. AND I thank you for communicating with me to help us improve the plugin. You have a really unique feedback, and I respect your feedback with all the gratitude.
Can I offer my time and skills to help you setup AMP one last time? I will get your feedback and discuss it with my team. If you accept my offer, please add me on Skype: matt.kaludi
I will be happy to chat and help you.
Have you had time to check?
- The topic ‘This does not work at all’ is closed to new replies.