If you use this plug-in check your database. I bet you it is HUGE. We have used this on several websites and every single one has a HUGE DATABASE. Mind you, we had a 300MB database on a 10 page website using this plugin. That is insane!
You will find that Visual Composer is the culprit when you check your wp_postmeta table in your database and see VC all over the place. This plugin completely overloads it. The only way we have been able to deal with this is to buy a database cleaner and utilize it regularly.
Also, here is a list of everything you will need to write custom CSS for if you use the visual builder:
* Images you insert (not in a background) if you want a different size or you want to use a different one for mobile that you edited to look better you’ll be writing code.
* Text sizing, line height and spacing, text justification (anything in the WYSIWYG editor) Stays the same on all devices unless you write code or set sizing in your theme options.
* Cover Images always look like they have been magnified, especially when you are using parallax features
* Minimum and max height for rows and/or sections are not options in the visual editor, you’ll be writing code.
* Background image, you cannot choose min/max size. You have to use padding or coding.
Other hiccups that I didn’t like-
* What you see isn’t what you get for the devices. You will have to check everything.
* After a period of time, a page would reflect the update that you just made but when you left the backend and went back to it later, the old version of the page (before you made changes) would be there. The page would still reflect the updates, but it would look like the old version on the backend. Contacted support, and they could not solve the issue.
* Sometimes there are random areas where a background will have a slight overlay on it. The only way I found to get rid of that was to “write code”
There have been a lot of other things that have popped up, but I don’t have the time to write everything out.
Overall I think it’s a GOOD IDEA but badly IMPLEMENTED. Definitely A LOT of work to overcome how bad this editor can be.
- The topic ‘There is a lot missing and a lot of issues’ is closed to new replies.