This is my first post — please let me know if there is different verbiage I can use to help facilitate your response. 🙂
I am helping a friend develop a website. This ‘lite’ version is perfect for her business. The one thing we would like to change is the hover color of the menu buttons. The default is a shade of green, but we’d like it to be a dusty blue. Can someone direct me to the right place to change the hover color?
What you need to do is:
1. Open your zip file of the themia-lite theme and click the main folder.
2. Click the “Images” folder
3. Find “nav.png” and extract to your desktop or any folder
5. Open Photoshop or comparable program
6. Depending on how your program works, you can now change the colors (including the green). To get a nice grey color in my version of Photoshop (which matches the footer), all I did was go to: Image > Adjust > Desaturate.
7. Save new image file as “nav.png”
8. Using your webhost’s File Manager or another FTP program, upload the new “nav.png” file into wp-content > themes > themia-lite > images
Thank you so much for the response, Tbuys! You confirmed that I was doing the right thing — I just haven’t been able to (re)harness my Photoshop skills from a decade ago. I’ll try it this weekend and see what happens.
I’m having similar issues, as well as wanting to change the text of those top two button (Home and Sample Page). I access WordPress through my host (BlueHost). Should I download WordPress to then be able to access these files?