What to do?
Which version did you update from?
If your in the theme options page and you right click then click inspect do you see any red errors? Would be a little icon on the right.
I had the same problem and found the solution.
Here is solution:
Add to your wp-config.php file in your main wordpress folder these lines:
define( 'WP_CONTENT_DIR', dirname(__FILE__) . 'wp-content' ); define( 'WP_CONTENT_URL', 'http://example.com/wp-content' );
Important 1: you should put it before this line:
if ( !defined('ABSPATH') )
Important 2: when you define WP_CONTENT_DIR you MUST NOT use
Maybe it will be needed to turn on all plugins again. I suggest you to make backup of your database before changing wp-config.php.
Try it and give feedback if it helped you.
Kadence Themes: Alas, I’m not sure. Originally installed at first of February, so I don’t think it should be far out of date? Using WP 3.9.
pawcioss: Ugh. Hate to fiddle with wp-config. Would the additions potentially mess things up if I decide to change themes?
Did you try the right click?
Have you tried disabling plugins to test?
Another thing you can do is try the latest version. I just uploaded 2.1.4 and it will be a while before you can update in wordpress but you can remove the version you have and download the version I just uploaded here: https://wordpress.org/themes/download/virtue.2.1.4.zip
It contains a couple improvements to the theme options.
I applaud your remarkable quick response. Thank you! I uploaded the latest version, and the Theme Options appears to be functioning propertyl.
I’m having the same problem. Here’s what what happened:
– Installed Virtue and started setting options. Everything worked fine.
– Upgraded WordPress to latest version.
– Upgraded Virtue to 2.1.4.
– Deactivated plugins, with the exception of Virtue Toolkit. Still get the same error.
– Tried the wp-config suggestion that was mentioned above. It broke my site and reverted to default TwentyEleven theme.
– I undid the wp-config changes and changed theme back to Virtue.
– Tried right clicking and inspecting elements as you mentioned above. It shows this error: “Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) “
Please can you help? :\
- The topic ‘Theme options unavailable’ is closed to new replies.