I’m working on a site using the Genesis child theme Museum-Core, which I’ve further customized.
The site looks fine in Chrome, but in IE or Firefox, the front page is not displaying correctly. Neither the theme nor the content is showing up.
The site is http://kathleenthayes.com/
When you see the “blank” version of it, you can click the “uncategorized” link and you’ll then see the theme. You can click all around and it looks fine, til you go back to the homepage. Then there’s nothing.
The problem happens on the homepage, no matter which page I have set to show up as the front page, via the “reading” settings – latest posts, or any of the static pages.
I’ve also tried switching themes, including installing a new theme that I know I’ve not messed around with at all. (I experimented with a few themes before finding one that was easiest to hack to look like what the client wanted.)
I’m still having the same problem.
I’m running other WP sites, using the same version, and they’re fine.
Any ideas or suggestions?
TIA for your help!
I’m using a child theme, just modifying one that already exists.
I was assuming it was something I’d broken with my modifications, but the problem is happening no matter what theme I’m using, though. Even one that I’ve just installed and haven’t touched at all.
I’m sorry but as you are using a child of a commercial theme, you need to seek support from the theme’s vendors.
I understand that, but the problem happens no matter what theme I use. Even if I use Twenty Eleven or any other that I can install right from the WP admin. It doesn’t seem to be the theme that’s the problem at all.
Has anyone ever seen a similar issue?
Can we see the site using the Twenty Eleven theme with all plugins deactivated?
Ok, done. Twenty Eleven, no plugins. Everything looks great except the front page :/
If you use View Source in your browser and look at the home page, the entire top section is totally different from the other pages — and the CSS file is not linked — that’s why the page has no styles. So something is not right with how the homepage is set up.
I just decided to start fresh.
I backed up the database and theme files, deleted WordPress from the server, created a new database, reinstalled it, imported the data, re-uploaded the theme, reinstalled / activated and set up all the plug-ins, and now it looks right in all 3 browsers!
Still no idea exactly what was wrong, but it’s fixed now, so I’m happy, client’s happy, and that’s good enough for me at the moment.
- The topic ‘Theme Not Showing up on Homepage in IE or Firefox’ is closed to new replies.