Translations doesn’t work in Theme My Login 6.3.4
Interestingly enough, they worked when I tested them. Where are you placing your translation?
Inside the language folder of Theme my login plugin.
In the latest version 6.3.3 was fine…
Did you make sure the file is still there? If you placed it in the plugin folder, it would have been deleted on upgrading. This is why I now added the option of placing translation files in wp-content/languages/theme-my-login.
Yes is still there. I downloaded it from here http://downloads.jfarthing.com
Nothing changed with loading languages from 6.3.3 to 6.3.4 – or 6.3.5 (just released), for that matter.
I have the same problem too.the backend is ok,but the frontend don’t display.
Much of the translations are using WordPress translations. Do you have WordPress translated as well?
my WordPress has been translated into Chinese .and I used the official version in Chinese,for example :the profile in frontend is not translated but the backend is do,i used the responsive theme.I was so confused…
i tested an other plugin,it can work normally in frontend and backend.this is my picture in my site,the Translation dosn’t work:http://yunpan.cn/QWQmrE82rN4VD
Firstly a big thank for your plugin, I use it on three sites since a lot of time. For these three sites, WordPress is completely translated into French and no problems with other plugins. With previous versions of “Theme my login” I had no problem. I used “Poedit” to verify if there was no problem in the translation file and everything seems in order.
I too can confirm the translation problems. The culprit I believe is that some of the translations that TML relies on are in admin-xx_XX.po which is not loaded for the frontend.
On the frontend profile page for instance, the lines “First name” and “Last name” are not translated, and they are found in the admin .po file.
Since TML is fetching from the default text-domain in the code, the quickfix is to add the strings to the main translation file for WP, however it’s not very future proof.
Ah! I forgot that they separated the admin strings. So, I suppose I’ll need to analyze which strings are from the admin file and re-add them to the theme-my-login domain. This won’t happen until 6.4.
- The topic ‘Theme My Login 6.3.4 translation’ is closed to new replies.