First and foremost, let me start off with my apologies regarding my blunder on the release of Theme My Login 6.3. Apparently, beta testing was scarce – a lot of bugs were left uncovered.
I’ve just released the second revision of this release, namely 6.3.2, which should address all of the major issues left with the release.
If any of you experience any further issues with 6.3.2, please let me know here.
For some reason 6.3.2 just came as an automatic update for me from 6.2.3. I’ve encountered the following problems:
1) All (non-admin) pages are blank with no html output whatsoever (they give a proper 200 HTTP header)
2) Thinking removing the plugin and re-installing it would fix that, I tried to remove it, only to get a “wordpress error” stating “Deleting this page will cause Theme My Login to malfunction. If you really want to delete it, please deactivate Theme My Login.”. So, I hacked the admin class (wp_trash_post) to remove the line that errors out so I could remove it
3) Even after removing the /login/ redirect isn’t removed (and this happens in previous versions as well, in previous versions I generally had to a do a full wordpress wipe and restore to fix; unfortunately I can’t do that online that easily)
Sidenote: Was able to downgrade back to 6.2.3 successfully
Same problem as bmkdnf. Where do I get 6.2.3 to downgrade?
I have the same problem with all non-admin pages being served blank.
Disabling the plugin fixes immediately.
Thanks for the reply Jeff.
Since your recent update, the links no longer work on the login form.
I want to have Login/Register in my own menu at the top of the screen (baythemoon.com)so I created a page and put [theme-my-login] into its content, but clicking the Register or Lost Password links on the Login form now results in this message:
The page isn’t redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.
This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept
I did not experience major issues or blank pages, but I just lost all my preferences. Only the plugin pages were left intact.
Once upgraded to 6.3.2 I am unable to register, reset password or view my profile.
I can’t delete 6.3.2 version.
Plugin deactivated, but when i try delete this error on display
“Deleting this page will cause Theme My Login to malfunction. If you really want to delete it, please deactivate Theme My Login.”
And button BACK
seyfer do you have access to your hosting account? You should be able to delete via the file manager.
Can any of you give me errors for the blank page issue?
Bear with me and we’ll figure this out and get it working right – because, of course, this doesn’t happen for me.
Jeff, my site is purely in Polish so there is no point of sending any screenshots.
But since I have upgraded to the current version whenever I want to access any of the pages:
– lost password
I am accessing 404 page.
Trfy deactivating and reactivating.
First of all I would like to thank Jeff for his wonderful plugin. Bugs usually come that is not a problem. As a WordPress community we have to help each other.
The upgrade problem happened to me as well. But finally I successfully downgraded to previous stable version. To downgrade you people can follow below steps:
Note: Please Backup before doing any of the below steps
1) First deactivate the theme-my-login plugin in the WordPress admin.
2) Delete the folder theme-my-login from plugins folder.
3) Open the phpMyAdmin or whatever query browser tool you can use for this task. First check theme-my-login existence in the database by querying the below statement.
SELECT * FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE ‘%theme_my%’
Note: make sure to replace wp_ prefix with the one that you feed at the installation.
You will get two records those are
the above two records should be deleted by below command:
DELETE FROM wp_options WHERE option_name LIKE ‘%theme_my%’
Now you two choice its up to you:
1) Install the old version 6.2.3
2) Install the latest version 6.3.2
I installed old version successfully. But you can try 2nd option, install latest version. It could be successful.
[ Signature moderated. ]
I recently updated and now my whole site is broken. Propably cause I’m using the code in a div placed in the header.
I don’t use the shortcodes and I don’t want to use it, but after updating it creates the empty pages with shortcodes in it.
This seems to be a good idea, for a lot of users, but it would be nice to make this shortcode-stuff optional and be a little more specific in the changelog.
Could all of you please edit your wp-config.php file and change
WP_DEBUGto true. Then report back any errors you receive pertaining to TML (particularly for the blank page issue).
Also, PHP versions would be helpful.
On a side note, please don’t download the plugin from non-official sites as it may have been tampered with. You can get previous versions of TML right here at WordPress: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/theme-my-login/developers/
- The topic ‘Theme My Login 6.3’ is closed to new replies.