No I didn’t and I’m not planning to at the moment.
I see… would you be willing to attempt to fix the minor problems I’m having with converting your theme to a mediawiki skin?
I’ve combined Your theme with the Erudite mediawiki skin… I’ve got it mostly all worked out but there a few hickups or things I just don’t know. I’m not good with this stuff to begin so I’m clueless as to some of the things that might be going on…
Basically what I need is a styles.css that’s cut down. I don’t know what all the stuff does so I don’t know where to eliminate stuff. Getting a reduced version would let me fix 3 or 4 things I know of, or at least get me closer to fixing them.
And I’m also having this weird problem where the bar above the footer is not attached to the pre-footer, i think. I have no idea why this is the case.
Here’s what I’ve got so far…
If you’d not like to give it a look I understand, but no harm in asking.
I’d like to help you, but I’m not familiar with developing skins for MediaWiki. Therefore I’m not able to tell you what you can remove from style.css, since I don’t know the dtructure of MediaWiki template files.
Fixing the problem with the bar is easy with a little CSS, just add
#content-wrapper. I also see that pre-footer widgets are displayed below footer, but I don’t know how to fix that.
You probably know more about this than me. I’m just picking this up as I go as I always do since I forget what I did the last time. The structure is pretty much the same across all these types of things.
The bar problem, what you suggested didn’t work, but the problem seems to be from me smashing the two skins together and for some reason the content-wrapper isn’t being recognized as wrapping around the whole thing. At least that’s what it looks like according to chrome’s inspect elements viewer. I ended up just taking it out until i can figure something out.
The widgets, as you call them, I put them there as I don’t really like them but their necessary for various reasons on wikis. The copyright bar makes a nice separator so there’s nothing wrong there other than the thankfully not clashing tags from your footer and the footer from the other skin.
Other than cleaning out more of your CSS that is unneeded, figuring out that bar problem I think i’m done with converting it. There are also things that are hardcoded that generally wouldn’t be hardcoded since I used the compiled browser code, but other than that seems like this’ll work nice.
- The topic ‘Theme for PHPbb and Wiki’ is closed to new replies.