Since I upgraded my WordPress install a while ago (previous upgrade, not the latest one), I've been getting the 'Error establishing a database connection' error in both the frond-end and the back-end.
- I'm using a personalized version of the Boilerplate theme.
- I'm 100% certain it's not a plugin, because I've disabled them all and tested in multiple browsers to avoid caching.
- Repaired and optimized all databases
- Changing my theme to the WP Twenty Twelve theme stopped the time-outs. But I need my current theme to work.
- I've debugged the site and haven't found anything that could cause it.
Does anyone have any clue as to what could be causing this? Before I build a new theme, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything.
Site can be found here.