The right steps for changing Site's root directory name?
I am in the process of launching a new site. This site has been developed in this directory: domain/test_site/ – whilst being hidden from search engines. I now want to change(not move) the root directory name to domain/uk/ to launch it properly. Are these the correct steps that I should take?
1. Login to the wp dashboard and change the WordPress Address (URL) & Site Address (URL) to new url.
2. Change the root directory name via ftp.
3. Change url references in .htaccess to new url.
4. Login to database via myphpadmin and change any instances of old url to new one.
Is this correct? Anything that I have forgotten – should do?
- The topic ‘The right steps for changing Site's root directory name?’ is closed to new replies.