I've been having problems with Google Sitemaps ever since the recent upgrade to 2.2. I'm currently running on WP 2.2.1.
With Google Sitemaps 2.7.1, I am able to activate the plugin. But..
1. I get a blank page when I hit the "Post" or "Save" buttons.
2. On clicking "Build Sitemaps" under Options>>Sitemap, I don't get a successful ping to Google.
I've researched and some solutions were provided.
1. Applying this patch: http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2463
The patch itself is a problem as it no longer works. There isn't a file called template-functions-links.php anymore. Is there anyway I can get around this?
2. Increasing memory and time limits:
- Try to increase the memory limit on the sitemap options page (start by "4M" and raise the value if it doesn't help).
- Try to increase the time limit on the sitemap options page (start by "20" and raise the value if it doesn't help).
Question is how do I go about doing them? If it's in the php.ini file, here are some current stats:
; Resource Limits ;
max_execution_time = 30 ; Maximum execution time of each script, in seconds
max_input_time = 60 ; Maximum amount of time each script may spend parsing request data
memory_limit = 8M ; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (8MB)
3. Clearing the Google Sitemaps plugin log: http://wordpress.org/support/topic/92782?replies=24
Again, where is the log and how do I clear it?
With that single problem and so many vague solutions (not evryone is a PHP ninja.), I tried downloading the beta version of the plugin(3.0b8). I deleted the 2.7.1 version from my server and uploaded 3.0b8. This time I can't even activate it:
1. My plugin page does not finish loading. It stops at this line: "Plugins extend and expand the functionality of WordPress. Once a plugin is installed, you may activate it or deactivate it here." and nothing loads below it.
I know this is technically not a WP support question. But I've ran out of avenues and ideas. >.< If anyone can solve either the problem with 2.7.1 or 3.0b8, I'll be more than happy to cease pursuing the other.
Thank you for reading.