The good got better with version 2
I have been using this plugin for some time and the new version just got better. I am very pleased with:
- The search unit where you can specify the key phrase you are looking for. This is great if you have amazon affiliate sites based around a product or theme
- the black list and white list functions. These are an alternative to the search unit, so that you can continue to use the category units and filter the incoming results by white/black list
I also like the idea that you can create your own templates and have played with this a bit, not enough to rate it though.
On the “warnings side”, there are a few points to mention:
- If you are upgrading from version 1.x, make sure you go through the conversion process. Unfortunately, the conversion does not migrate widgets so you have to recreate them. Not a big deal, but if you have a site that relies on widgets the upgrade causes them to be deleted.
- If you are using the Yoast SEO plugin, make sure you review the settings. You should check “Titles & Metas”/”Post Types” where you’ll find Amazon Auto Links as a new type. I prefer to check Noindex, Hide for these. By default they are indexed and this may not be what you want. On the same page you’ll also see “Custom Post Type Archives” with the same structure; again I deindex these. On the next tab “Titles & Metas”/”Taxonomies” you will find the new type Label – same issue: by default they are indexed. Finally on the “XML Sitemap” page, you probably want to exclude “Amazon Auto Links” and exclude “Label” (amazon auto links tag).
Overall I am very happy with the plugin but it does require some attention to make the best use out of it.
- The topic ‘The good got better with version 2’ is closed to new replies.