[Resolved] The domain mapping plugin only works if the site is installed in /.
Having issues with the multisite…
Here’s our setup:
• Main multisite domain is at http://www.domain.com
• Other multisites are in subdirectories: http://www.domain.com/sub1/, http://www.domain.com/sub2/ etc.
• I parked several domains on top of http://www.domain.com
• Using the plugin, I mapped those domains to subdirectories on the multisite
• If I don’t make the domains as primary, everything works fine
• If I make the normal URLs (www.sub1.com) as primary, then I can see the frontend site just fine, but getting this error when trying to reach that site’s dashboard:
“The domain mapping plugin only works if the site is installed in /. This is a limitation of how virtual servers work and is very difficult to work around.”
I don’t understand how it applies — our main site is installed in / and always has been (as far as I know!)
- The topic ‘[Resolved] The domain mapping plugin only works if the site is installed in /.’ is closed to new replies.