Support » Plugin: Breadcrumb NavXT » The bcn_allowed_html filter doesn’t seem to work anymore with v.7.0.0

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Author John Havlik

    (@mtekk)

    Thanks for bringing this to my attention. It appears I forgot to document the fact that the bcn_allowed_html filter sort of was split (since adminKit has it’s own filter when within the settings page). In the short term, you can have your same function you apply to bcn_allowed_html apply to mtekk_adminkit_allowed_html. In 7.0.1, I am going to have the bcn_allowed_html filter results pass through to the mtekk_adminkit_allowed_html filter. This is being tracked in the following GitHub issue: https://github.com/mtekk/Breadcrumb-NavXT/issues/268

    I pushed a fix to the GitHub master version of Breadcrumb NavXT, feel free to try out that version to ensure the fix works for your application.

    • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by John Havlik.
    Thread Starter Julie Moynat

    (@juliemoynat)

    Thank you so much for your fast answer!

    I’ve tested both solutions separately (replace the function name, and the fix you’ve committed) and they all work.

    I mark the issue as resolved but we need a new version with the fix 😉

    Thanks

    • This reply was modified 9 months, 1 week ago by Julie Moynat. Reason: add link of the commit
    Thread Starter Julie Moynat

    (@juliemoynat)

    Sorry, I reopened the ticket because when I use the mtekk_adminkit_allowed_html function, if I save the string translations in Polylang, the attributes on <li>s are disappearing…

    It’s OK with the fix you’ve committed so I will use it in production…

    Plugin Author John Havlik

    (@mtekk)

    So, I don’t believe either bcn_allowed_html or mtekk_adminkit_allowed_html filter affect what Polylang allows string wise (there’s likely a different filter for that).

    Also, if you’re trying to add <li> elements, you probably want to use bcn_display_list() instead of bcn_display() unless you need something specific within the <li> tag itself.

    Thread Starter Julie Moynat

    (@juliemoynat)

    I’m sorry but using mtekk_adminkit_allowed_html is actually removing all HTML attributes on <li>s in the string translations of Polylang but not bcn_allowed_html. I don’t know why but that’s what happened.

    I need to add attributes on <li>s so, no, I don’t want to use bcn_display_list().

    The good news is that [the fix you’ve committed](https://github.com/mtekk/Breadcrumb-NavXT/commit/5e7d874bc4d732bc361f76090b4b8a59b72ddc49) allows me to continue using bcn_allowed_html without any problem with Polylang.

    Thread Starter Julie Moynat

    (@juliemoynat)

    I’ve updated the plugin to version 7.0.1 and it’s fixed. Thank you

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘The bcn_allowed_html filter doesn’t seem to work anymore with v.7.0.0’ is closed to new replies.