[Resolved] The basics
Hi I’ve read the FAQs and also through some of the comments on here. Can I clarify a couple of things as an amateur blogger.
I use a few plugins many having their own JS files and CSS files so I can see much benefit in this but am very worried about ‘under the bonnet’ plugins just because I would need a mechanic to fix it. So…
1. If the site breaks will disabling the plugin return everything to normal? I suspect troubleshooting problems would be beyond me.
2. With that in mind do you have some ‘safe’ recommended settings?
3. I use Jetpack and its Photon CDN which I know is probably far from the best CDN but it does serve my images (and nothing else) from elsewhere which is great. Would this need incorporating somehow within the settings?
4. If I want to edit CSS / JS files, whilst I retain copies locally are the non-minified files still stored on the server? If a plugin gets updated does the minification automatically reflect updated scripts?
I apologise for these basic questions but just looking for a little guidance to minimise risk – or maybe I’m taking too much on and this is aimed at more advanced users. If you wish you can see my home page http://skipology.com and will note a good number of CSS / JS scripts.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] The basics’ is closed to new replies.