I upgraded to 2.7.1 from 2.6.something this morning. It seemed to work fine, the new dashboard was all shiny and the site still seemed to work. However, taking a look at one of my Pages, it shows that the widgets aren’t in the right place anymore (the left column) and they’re instead at the bottom of the text on the Pages. I went in to the admin dashboard to mess with my two widgets and see if that would help, and I’ve discovered I can’t click and drag their order. The cursor changes to the four-way arrow when I mouse over them, but when I click and drag, it just highlights the text like it would in any browser. Also, I don’t think the menus on the left of the main dashboard are working correctly, either. They have little arrows that appear when I mouseover them, but when I click on those arrows, nothing happens.
I’m using the most recent version of Firefox on a PC with Vista, and I also tried IE7 to see if that was the issue.
I assume I screwed something up in the install, but I don’t know what it might be. I have to admit, I’m not looking forward to having to go through another upgrade next month.