Support » Plugin: Jetpack Boost - Website Speed, Performance and Critical CSS » TERRIBLE !!
Installed the plugin and my overall score dropped all the way down to F… this was such a waste of time and data..
deactivated it at once !!
hopefull someone can shed some light in this.
cant seem to understand what caused the slowness on my site… isnt this supposed to be a BOOSTER and not a SLOWSTER??
- This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by intljanitorial.
Do you use any caching service or site?
I use Cloudflare and I purged my cache and got a better result.
I think mobile went up from 33 to about 51. Desktop sits at 74.
But I think you have to be careful with gauging the ratings per se.
In actual usage, my site is now about half what it was and pages are loading under a second now.
I’m sorry to hear your score dropped. It could be that something else is conflicting with Jetpack Boost. Some WordPress optimization plugins also add extra improvements that might interfere with Boost.
– Output Buffering to customize the HTML on the fly, for example to perform HTML minification.
– Disabling XML-RPC, REST API, etc.
If you’re using other optimization plugins, you may want to test Boost on its own first to see if it helps, and then test with each other plugin one by one to see if you can find a conflict.
If you’d like to start a support thread and provide your site URL, we may be able to advise further.
Sometimes the reported speed is incorrect from Google Pagespeed. If you Refresh your scores is it still F?
hi mike, and thanks to all.
yes is still showing my rating as an F…
Sucks, i had high hopes.
MY URL IS http://www.internationaljanitorial.com
hopefully someone can help..
Which settings did you enable in Boost? If all of them, I’d recommend starting with just CSS enabled.
Please do try again with just the CSS setting toggled on.
If possible can you also share what the speed scores are showing? (Desktop and Mobile) before and after enabling the modules in Boost
BEFORE TOGGLING ON CSS – (THIS IS THE NUMBERS FROM THE PLUGIN) NOT GT METRIX OR PINGDOM
Mobile score – 26
Desktop score – 53
AFTER TOGGLING CSS ON
Mobile score – 34
Desktop score – 47
SO, NOW MY DESKTOP WENT DOWN AND MOBILE UP.. STILL SEEMS RATHER SLOW FOR A (BOOS) OPTION.
ALSO, I DONT HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIMIZATION PLUGIN ADDED, I HAVE THE JETPACK PLUGIN AND I HAVE ADDED THE JETPACK BOOST AND DID WHAT YOU RECOMMENDED.. SHOULD I REMOVE THE ORIGNAL JETPACK AND JUST LEAVE THE BOOST?
I DONT KNOW WHY IM I GETTING SUCH BAD SCORES.. I CHANGED ALL MY PICTURE FILES TO JPEG AND A MEDIUM SIZE FILE.. BUT IT ALL KEEPS STAYING LOW.
update: i toggled on CSS enabled and yes, it did bump up the numbers.. but now, when you access the site through a mobile device, the main picture (slide) has an error and not loading that picture.. but only in mobile devices..
Hi @intljanitorial sorry – I missed your earlier message (this is actually in the review section, and not a support thread).
Could we continue the discussion there:
In the meantime, I took a look at GT Metrix
I also took a look at your https://internationaljanitorial.com/ homepage too (which is what Boost tests). Some observations, which you can verify by having a look at the page source: view-source:https://internationaljanitorial.com/
- There’s 42 .js scripts loaded on that page
- There looks to be 105 css scripts (some are part of CDATA though so might not be quite as many – but still a lot of HTTP requests
- There’s quite a few image sliders things animating images and top banners sliding around.
There’s some recommendations you can look into here: https://pagespeed.web.dev/report?url=https%3A%2F%2Finternationaljanitorial.com%2F
The top ones are:-
- Reduce server response time – e.g. are you running a lot of plugins? What happens if you test a different theme temporarily, could it be your theme?
- Compress some of the images on the homepage – while they’re not MBs in size, they could be compressed further
- Have you tried using a Caching plugin, like WP Super Cache
- Have you tried using a Site Accelerator – like what is included in the Jetpack Plugin – this will serve assets from a CDN and can also help with your images
I’d start off by testing a quick theme switch (and back to the current one) and see how that impacts the scores – sure your site won’t look the same for a moment or two but you’ll be able to see whether your theme is causing slowdown and could reach out to the theme side of things too for some advice.
Hope this helps, happy to help assist further (but please can you move this to a support thread vs a review)
- This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by mikemayhem3030.
- You must be logged in to reply to this review.