I’m making a template for my blog, and I’ve run into a bit of trouble. I uploaded my files to a directory manually with an ftp program, and although WP can find the template, it gives me an error about the template being incomplete, specifically that the template is missing.
From my research, I know that the the template is the index.php file. This is not missing, it can be requested from my server (although of course the get_header() function throws an exception).
What I’ve tried:
- I’ve checked to make sure that the style.css and the index.php file exist.
- I’ve confirmed that my ftp program is sending the php and css files as ASCII and not binary (although I’ve never had a problem with that on this server before)
- the style.css file has the comments in the front
- I’ve checked permissions on my directories and files… 755 and 644, like the other templates
Can anyone think of something else I can check?
- The topic ‘Template won’t load: “Template is missing”’ is closed to new replies.