Template using only tables (easy solution here)
For anyone who’s interested in using tables only, I did all tables on my WP, it was alot easier than I thought
It’s easy all you have to do is think about these 3 pages
main (index), header, footer
also if you want you can update these too page template, archive template,
– in the header everything below body tag can be replaced with your top table header (match with your html code)
– in footer everything above ?php wp_footer(); ? can be replaced with table footer – note I wasn’t sure if it needed to be removed or not so i just left it. If its just linked to the css footer then you should be able to remove it too but i haven’t tried it yet.
– now that you have the header / footer copy each to the other templates, header goes on top of the template code and footer goes underneath the template code.
– I also made <!–markers so i could know where to put it
– re: sidebar, in the main(index) i positioned the (get sidebar) code in the place i wanted it and this would be included on all the other template pages so i made sure to remove the (get siebar) from the bottom of each page. that way the sidebar appears in all the pages, currently i don’t have it in comments so i may leave it.
– i also rearranged the order of items in sidebar template which isn’t too difficult
now, my WP blog is fully tablelized BUT, i do realize the power of CSS just haven’t figured it out yet, but I do intend on reverting back to CSS once i do. Because my site layout is rather complexed i need to rely on tables for now. CSS is used mostly on simple layouts, although some would argue, CSS is a long way from being stable enough to be used by the general public (jr web designers) if anyone needs help you can contact me at warmac @ gmail.com
- The topic ‘Template using only tables (easy solution here)’ is closed to new replies.