Support » Plugin: Simple Taxonomy Refreshed » Taxonomies not showing with filter

  • Resolved kstark73

    (@kstark73)


    I have created custom taxonomies for all of my products. I was able to create a filter using the Woof Filter plugin. I was able to see it and it worked. Now, for some reason, the filters are not showing up. When I look at the taxonomies, they all say (0) next to them, even though on the product page, it shows that the taxonomies are checked. Can you please help me? I thought it was a filter problem, but now I think it is a taxonomy problem.

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Plugin Author nwjames

    (@nwjames)

    @kstark73
    Sorry to hear that you’re having a problem.

    I must say that I had never heard of Woof Filter – by as I don’t use Woocommerce this is perhaps not surprising. I can download the code and try to understand how it works.

    Could you do a few things please:

    • Dump out the custom taxonomy. Got to the admin screen and use the “Export PHP” option. This will download a file that is the taxonomy configuration.
    • Confirm the the products are published status.
    • Describe how the Filter is suppose to operate. I believe that you have it in the left sidebar

    Thanks,
    Neil

    Thread Starter kstark73

    (@kstark73)

    I just used a different plugin. I changed all my custom taxonomies with the new plugin and it’s working now. I don’t get why it was a problem, but after a week of pulling my hair out, I have finally found the fix. Thanks.

    Plugin Author nwjames

    (@nwjames)

    @kstark73
    I am glad that you have found a resolution that you are happy with.

    I did take the opportunity to load the Woof plugin and create some filters.

    Referring to your comment “When I look at the taxonomies, they all say (0) next to them”, I believe that you refer to the filter display itself. This was how it appeared for me. However, when I changed the Woof options to Dynamic Recount to Yes, then the numbers were correct.

    For other folk reading this who might think that there is an issue with my plug-in, I did not find any specific issue in integrating the two.

    Whlst I have added some additional functionality, the primary function of this plugin is simply to allow you to enter via the admin screen all the various parameters to the wordpress function register_taxonomy.

    I had thought that the issue might be related to one or more of the visibility options, e.g. is the taxonomy to be publicly queryable. Logically if the taxonomy is not meant to be publicly queryable, then it should not be available to the filter. However, I definec evry visibility parameter to be false, but it still appeared on the filter.

    I will mark this as resolved.

    Regards,
    Neil

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Taxonomies not showing with filter’ is closed to new replies.