WP Help
Sync pull breaking at links (8 posts)

  1. Derek
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I have a master site where I am storing my WP-Help documentation.

    On the child sites, I have entered the private Sync Source URL into the Pull field, and it's pulling through some of the documentation.

    The issue I'm finding now is that not all content is coming through. Some pages are complete, others are breaking part way through. It seems they're breaking where there is a hyperlink in the page, but I'm not sure why. Sometimes these are links to places in the document (eg an #anchor link) other times the link is to another page within the help pages.

    Any ideas what might be the cause of this?




  2. lkraav
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I think I'm seeing the same thing on one of the customer sites.

  3. Piet Bos
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I am experiencing the exact same, sync pull is a dead fish in the water.

  4. abidan
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Check and advanced excerpt plugins installed on the site that is pulling data from the source. I had Advanced Excerpt installed on a clients site and I changed settings so that it showed more words etc ... all working now :) I think excerpt plugins are cropping the page content.

  5. Derek
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Had a look and I can't see any plugins that would be doing that on my site.

    I have the following plugins installed:
    - Akismet
    - Geolocation plus
    - Mailpoet
    - Random banner
    - Regenerate thumbnails
    - Simple colorbox
    - Social login
    - Widget logic
    - Visual icon fonts
    - WP User Avatar

    Both sites are set to show full text in article feeds as well (the only setting I could find which might potentially shorten the length of posts or pages).

  6. abidan
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Have you checked plugins and feed settings on both the receiving site and the site that the feed is sent from? Mine is randomly working after doing the same thing and the only settings i changeed were plugins affecting excerpts and the feed setting to full rather than summary on both sites. I also removed the feed sync url from the site receiving the feed which allowed me to delete all posts, then i added the feed again and re-synced?

    Hope that helps somehow?

  7. jargovi
    Posted 1 year ago #

    I've the same problem but if delete my internal document links from the text then the sync works. After spending some time in the code i think the problem exists in the function "convert_links_cb" in wp_help.php which parses the internal links.

    E.G. The html of a page

    Elke pagina bestaat uit drie onderdelen:
    	<li><a title="1.1 De header" href="http://wptemplate.socialelephant.nl/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-help-documents&document=190">De header</a></li>
    	<li><a title="1.2 De content" href="http://wptemplate.socialelephant.nl/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-help-documents&document=194">De content</a></li>
    	<li><a title="1.3 De footer" href="http://wptemplate.socialelephant.nl/wp-admin/admin.php?page=wp-help-documents&document=192">De footer</a></li>

    Will result in the json feed as post_content:

    "post_content": "Elke pagina bestaat uit drie onderdelen:\r\n<ol>\r\n\t<li><a title=\"1.1 De header\" href=\"http://wp-help-link/190\" /></a>",

    If i remove the internal links from the result is fine. External links are unaffected.

  8. Derek
    Posted 1 year ago #

    Interesting find jargovi. For me, internal links are the most common type of link in my WP Help, because I'm linking between help articles.

    I don't really have enough knowledge of this to modify my plugin. For now, just making do without links and relying on users to navigate using the topics on the left hand navigator.

Topic Closed

This topic has been closed to new replies.

About this Plugin

  • WP Help
  • Frequently Asked Questions
  • Support Threads
  • Reviews

About this Topic


No tags yet.