I have several questions regarding transferring my site from wordpress.com to wordpress.org (I’m using Bluehost). My site is http://lockupreform.com running the Twenty Ten theme.
1. I lost all WordPress.com Followers (people who subscribed via WordPress.com’s Reader). What are my options as far as retaining these followers?
2. Is there a plug-in / tool / rss service I can use so that posts on the new wordpress.org site will appear in WordPress.com’s Reader (this would solve question number 1 above)?
3. Is there a way to import my WordPress.com Stats into WordPress.org?
4. The images I have on various pages (for example, http://lockupreform.com/multimedia/infographics/incarceration-stats/) are overlapping with my sidebar widget. How can i fix this without individually re-sizing every ‘offending’ image?
5. How can I ensure that the Stats displayed in WordPress.org don’t include my own views (as an Admin)?
6. Because I didn’t realize I would loser WordPress.com Reader subscribers, I didn’t send out one last post telling those followers they’d need to follow by email or an rss service. Is there any way to post this final post into Reader?
I’d really appreciate answers to any or all of these questions!
- The topic ‘Switching from WordPress.com to WordPress.org’ is closed to new replies.