[Resolved] Suggestions – reduce vertical white space
I’m trying out this theme, and looks good overall.
Just ran into a few issues, in case they can get into some future release.
Primarily, the site uses too much padding-top and padding-bottom for header and .site-info which is a big issue on smartphones and tablets.
And it is not easy to use custom CSS to resolve this for all versions of a responsive web site.
1) Menu drop-down should not use whole width of a smartphone display.
Most apps and themes on a smartphone only show the menu icon.
This theme can show this icon on the right side of the screen on the line with the site logo or the site description for example. If the heading right sidebar has two widgets such as social and menu, show one on the left and other on the right (drop-down menu) in a single row.
2) Menu drop-down has a bug? On home page select a page from the menu. Then hit the back button. The home page shows the menu with the old page name – which is wrong. It should reset back to menu title. (Or better, don’t show text here at all, follow point #1 above and only show menu icon.)
3) Site title should be optionsl. I was surprised to see changing site title in theme changes the wordpress site title too – these should be separate. My logo contains the site title, so I don’t want the theme to display a site title or use up that space.
4) Too much padding-top/padding-bottom around site header logo and description.
5) Too much padding-top/padding-bottom around .site-info. This can be made much tighter and also reduce <p> padding-top/bottom for items within .site-info.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Suggestions – reduce vertical white space’ is closed to new replies.