I have a suggestion for Dropdown Multisite Selector. Consider the following situation:
1. DMS is displayed with three elements in the dropdown. Call them A, B, and C.
2. The user selects “B”. The browser is redirected to site B.
3. The user clicks the browser’s Back button. In the DMS dropdown, the selected element is still “B”.
4. At this point, it is impossible for the user to select “B” again so the browser visits to site B. He must either refresh the page or select another element (and then click Back again). That’s not a very good user experience.
I suggest that you add a DMS option to reset the dropdown to its initial state (with the first element selected) if the user returns to the page by Back button. Some people may prefer the current behavior, so making it an option is better than changing the default behavior. (Also please make this option accessible to the
Here are some links discussing ways to implement this kind of functionality:
Thank you very much for a really helpful plugin.
- The topic ‘Suggestion: reset to initial state’ is closed to new replies.