First: great plugin, works exactly as advertised.
Because I am sometimes using Child themes (where I do not want to affect the Parent theme at all), I realized that use of a custom ‘under-construction.php’ file only worked if placed in the Parent.
I made the following small changes to my working UnderConstruction files.
My suggestion is that the Plugin be changed in the same manner, so that ‘under-construction.php’ can be placed in the Child or the Parent theme.
– to underConstruction.php, line 129
– to ucOptions.php, line 149
On both lines,
– replace: get_template_directory() // only checks Parent
– with: get_stylesheet_directory() // so that Child, then Parent, is checked
Just a thought. For me, this is definitely the preferred way to go. Thanks again.
- The topic ‘Suggestion: Allow under-construction.php in Child theme’ is closed to new replies.