Support » Plugin: WooCommerce » Suddenly variations are not visible on product page

  • w-sky

    (@w-sky)


    The product was fine since May 2018 … until today I made a minor change to the text of one of the 5 product variations.

    Strange things happened in the back end:
    1. All variations were set to “Any” on the Variations page.
    2. The WPML translations for the attribute name and values were “lost”, they were reset to the original language.

    I was able to fix everything in the backend. The product and all details seem to be fine. All variations have a name, price, are in stock. But still they can not be selected on the product page! The selector is shown, but it has no options to choose from.

    What might be the problem or how can I fix this?

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Plugin Support m155y5

    (@m155y5)

    Automattic Happiness Engineer

    Hi @w-sky

    On the product in question, do you happen to have the option to Enable stock management at product level enabled via the Product’s Inventory tab?

    If possible, can you please share a screenshot of the settings for your product? You can send a screenshot using https://snipboard.io/ or another file sharing service of your preference.

    Hi @m155y5

    thanks for taking care of this.
    Enable stock management at product level is disabled.
    For all 5 variations, Manage stock is disabled and Stock status is “in stock”.

    Here is the configuration for one of the 5 variations:
    https://snipboard.io/Au6Bkm.jpg

    I can’t see anything wrong, can you? Do you need other screenshots?

    Plugin Support m155y5

    (@m155y5)

    Automattic Happiness Engineer

    Hi @w-sky – I just took a look at the page again and am able to see the variations: https://d.pr/i/7Enwvo

    Were you able to get this working, perhaps?

    Yes indeed, I was working on the page, not particulary on this problem, but once again made changes this and another product and “suddenly” it worked again.

    It probably has/had to do with WMPL, because at the same time the translations for the main attribute and attribute values were lost.

    I also found that the string I was using as attribute name in the original product was set to the wrong language in WMPL string translation. Maybe that mixed it up several times.(?)

    Plugin Support m155y5

    (@m155y5)

    Automattic Happiness Engineer

    Hi @w-sky – thanks for checking back in! I’m glad you were able to get this resolved.

    I’m going to go ahead and mark this thread as resolved. If you have any other questions please feel free to start a new thread.

    w-sky

    (@w-sky)

    Sorry, I have to re-open this issue! Stumbled upon the same problem again, but this time I realized that I can solve it by not using the attribute name “Ausführung” but instead use some name without “äöü” letters.

    I also tried using a completely new attribute name containing an “ü” letter and the problem appeared again, and no variations were visible on the product page after I saved the new attribute name, set variations, updated the product and then updated the translation.

    So it seems there is a problem with “ü” letters in attribute names when using WPML with WooCommerce!

    I also found a taxonomy singular name “ausfuehrung” in WPML string translation, which is a correct slug for “Ausführung”, but this string was set to English. I changed that and added a translation, but this did not help with the problem.

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.