Hi - I run Abandoned and this is the first time I've encountered an issue that I have not been able to resolve - as a web developer. I'm up against a wall and for now, the web site is stable but not really editable.
- Running WordPress 3.7.1 with HB Theme's Aegaeus 3.0 (formerly 1.1). I upgraded to 3.0 today after encountering the below issues. Note that I have not edited the website or added imagery for several days, and had no issues then.
- Here is what a normal page should look like and one that is not.
Here is what I noticed:
- When I edited a page and noticed that it was displaying an empty sidebar and no page title, like in the St. Anthony High School example, I went to the custom template settings below the editing box and added a page title, description and turned off the sidebar. I saved the page, which refreshed the content but did nothing.
- I thought it may be an issue with that specific page, so I tried to recreate it. When I went to Pages > Add, it brought me to the Post > Add feature. It also did not authenticate me - it lists no author in the top right. It also displays:
"Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /homepages/25/d196397609/htdocs/abandonedonline/wp-admin/includes/post.php on line 494"
To try to resolve the issue, I:
- I disabled ALL plugins and renamed the directory to stop it from finding the plugins. This did not help.
- I upgraded the template to 3.0 from 1.1. I did this as a manual process, deleting the old template and replacing it with the updated version. This introduced new unwanted features but did not solve the underlying issue.
- I checked through the code, especially post.php, and saw nothing out of the ordinary.
- I reinstalled WordPress 3.7.1 by deleting the existing directories and files sans template and wp-content galleries, which did not help.
Is there a security vulnerability that may cause this? I have not seen it mentioned elsewhere, or at least with an issue this specific.