friday - the site is working fine, i hand it over to the client...
1. i back up the site via Godaddy's mysql backup facility...
2. i set up a new admin account for the client.
3. i erase the old/original admin account/s*
all is working well...
over the weekend the client uploads 5 x 3000pixel wide 1.9MBsized HUUUUGE images...groan...head in hand...
all of a sudden we cant insert any images (via the media upload flash and non flash) without getting all kinds of random messages.
sometimes i get
1. are you sure you want to do that?
sometimes i get
2. 500 internal server error
sometimes i get.
3. Crunching... (indefinitely...)
The images do upload into the uploads folder but they cant be inserted into a page of post.
the images are 0x0 in size.
and all the thumbnails of all the other images in the media gallery take on the lastest image uploaded.
when i try to add a new post
i get a 500 internal server error (ISE)
When i try to update existing posts
i get a 500 ISE (but they still update
Ive trieds almost everything i can find on the forums...
- turn off plugs - doesnt work
- try default theme - doesnt work
- replace admin and includes folders -doesnt work
- add all the various codes to the .htaccess file - doesnt work
- add all the various codes to the php.ini + php5.ini files - doesnt work
- tried to restore the main admin via myphpadmin - doesnt work
- changed relevant folder and file permissions to 777 - doesnt work
- tried firefox instead of safari (im on a mac) - no joy
the only things that i think that it can be are:
1. the database corrupted during the backup process...some strange things have happened when ive backed up sites in the past. - ive emailed GoDaddy...
2. deleting the main/original administrator account has somehow messed up the permissions on the site - preventing me from updating the site....this is a possibility, but the site worked fine for at least 48 hours. i.e. the client uploaded the HUGE images and posted about 5 posts.
3. the server allowance has been exhausted because soo many HUGE files were uploaded...ive emailed Godaddy to see if they can shed any light on the issue, i.e. empty a tmp folder or advise me on how to increase my allowance etc.
anyone else got any bright ideas? id be very grateful for any suggestions above and beyond what ive mentioned above...im in the process of moving the theme folder into a fresh install of wordpress...but this is a last resort!