I’m currently trying to build a new WordPress site that includes some community features but have got a little stuck.
Here’s the thing that I need to have.
1. A shopping cart (we going to use Jigoshop because we already have a template built for it)
2. A points system to allow Subscribers to accrue points for using features of the site (probably CubePoints).
3. An old fashioned Forum (probably bbPress).
4. A system that allows Users / Subscribers to upload Photos and Videos to the site with an approval system to stop abuse (I’ve been looking for a few days and I can find anything suitable).
I’ve looked at BuddyPress but can’t get it to work properly on our Windows Server (IIS v6) as we can’t use pretty permalinks. I’ve also had a look at Mingle but at the moment there’s no way to get it to talk to CubePoints without hacking the plugin’s code making upgrades more interesting in the future. For the user contributed stuff I was also looking at PhotoSmash and “NextGEN Public Uploader” but both are no longer mantained.
Any suggestions would be welcomed.
p.s. Moving to Linux, BSD or UNIX is unfortunately not an option.
- The topic ‘User / Subscriber Uploads & Community Features ?’ is closed to new replies.