Support » Plugins and Hacks » [Resolved] [Plugin: Subscribe2] Translation not works with qTranslate

[Resolved] [Plugin: Subscribe2] Translation not works with qTranslate

  • Hi all,

    Anyone tried to install both – qtranslate and subscribe2? All plugins are working and translated in wordpress for my local language correctly except Subscribe2. When I try to add subscribe2-lt_LT.mo and .po files, itsn’t work. When I tried disable qTranslate – then subscribe2 translated in local language normally.

    Anyone knows a decision? Thank you very much!


Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • @darkooo,

    Are you using the current release or the development version of qTranslate?

    It seems the current stable release is not working too well on WordPress 3.4 looking at the qTranslate forum.

    thanks for your answer-question.

    I’m using the development version of qTranslate, the current release isn’t work correct for me and my W3.4 too 🙂


    Having looked on the qTranslate forum is your language field in wp-config.php empty?
    define ('WPLANG', '');

    It seems it should be and then let qTranslate handle the mo files for Subscribe2.

    No way. I tried it (:


    Sorry, but what does your last post mean? Is that key empty or defined? If you tried it, does that mean you tried it empty and it didn’t work?

    Bear in mind that these issues are coming from a conflict with a plugin I do not use so you are going to need to be more specific in your posts.

    I tried both – empty and defined.


    Did you erase the po and mo files from the Subscribe2 location when allowing qTranslate to control the mo file?

    Yes, I did (:


    Okay, I’m all out of ideas now. I think you’d be best asking on the qTranslate forum for help now.

    I found that Subscribe2 v8.5 doesn’t load its translation .mo file when qTranslate is activated.
    I’ve found a kind of workaround for now which solves the problem (not very elegant)

    I’ve added these lines at the end of subscribe2.php, hooking the work of load the translation to the plugins_loaded hook. It works

    /* languages stuff - hack to fix qTranslate problem*/
    function subscribe2_lang_init() {
       if (function_exists('load_plugin_textdomain')) {
          load_plugin_textdomain('subscribe2', false, S2DIR);
    add_action('plugins_loaded' ,'subscribe2_lang_init');


    Try out the development version, I’ve hooked the translation file loading to a WordPress hook now so that should work from the next version.

    thank you.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] [Plugin: Subscribe2] Translation not works with qTranslate’ is closed to new replies.