My form (http://www.damagedoctor.co.uk/request-a-quote/) works in that it always submits to the database and sends the email but the feedback to users is at best inconsistent.
User completes form and clicks or taps “Send”
1. CF7 sends email and saves data to CFDB
2. Form page reloads with user feedback message “Your message was sent successfully. Thanks.”
1. as expected, regardless of the browser of device.
2. as expected for Chrome
2. gives no user feedback in Safari on the iPad or Firefox on PC.
Users are clicking the “Send” button repeatedly, some time up to 20 times, because they are assuming the form submission has simply not happened. Without feedback they assume there is an issue with the button and keep clicking.
Steps taken so far:
I have attempted to insert a redirect using the recommended on_sent_ok hook:
on_sent_ok: "location = 'http://damagedoctor.co.uk/thankyou';"
But that didn’t help.
I am not at all bothered about analytics at this stage. I am interested in the user experience of the site. Many thanks for any help you can offer.
- The topic ‘submission confirmation issue’ is closed to new replies.