I have never needed a CDN service before and am currently faced with this situation.
1. I have my single wordpress installation site at a shared-hosting server: mysite.com
2. I belong to a team and for the team I created a subfolders-multisite at a subdomain on my shared-hosting server/site: team.mysite.com.
Each team member will have his/her own blog there (team.mysite.com/member01).
We will also keep there bbpress forums and most likely a budypress installation as well.
3. PPL will view and log to the team’s multisite from very many different places/counties.
4. I don’t want to (and actually cannot) fill the server with all the files of the team (50 different multisite themes, plugins, photos, etc).
So I was thinking of linking/uploading just all those files of the team.mysite.com multisite to a CDN service. This means that I wish to keep my main site as well as couple other subdomains that I have created at the server.
Is this possible? How can I do this? Any suggestions of a specific combination that really works?
Thank you in advance.
PS: Should at a later point decide/need to upload another subdomain or even the main site as well to the CDN would that be possible without breaking anything?
- The topic ‘Subdomain to CDN. Possible? How?’ is closed to new replies.