I have a subdirectory (site.com/blogs)that I want to convert into subdomain (blogs.site.com). Here is what I did.
– On CPanel I created a subdomain “blog” and mount the existing /blog directory as path so no need to create a new directory for the new subdomain.
– Since WP is already installed and running on /blog, there is no need to move files.
– I login to WP and change the WP Address and Site Address to http://blogs.site.com
– htacess was modified and added this:
Options +FollowSymLinks -MultiViews
RewriteRule ^blogs/(.*) http://blogs.site.com/$1 [R=301,NC]
– Also added a 301
Redirect 301 /blogs/ http://blogs.site.com/
Is there something I missed or did I made something wrong? If there are other ways to convert a subdirectory to a subdomain please tell me. Thanks.
- The topic ‘Subdirectory to Subdomain’ is closed to new replies.