I tried following the instructions at http://codex.wordpress.org/Giving_WordPress_Its_Own_Directory
One step might have been wrong – I changed both the WordPress Address and Site Address to take out the name of the subdirectory, which was probably wrong, but it’s been a long night!
Of course I get the error message when I save changes. I do the bit with the index file. There isn’t an .htaccess file (yes, I know it’s hidden and I checked, but I do have an inquiry in to my host to check about it for another reason). Once all the steps were done – nothing. I tried hitting “back” on my browser and re-saving settings (I thought that worked another time), but no change. I uploaded the entire WordPress directory from right before I did any of this thinking that would fix it and it didn’t. I get part of it, but not the full design. You can see it at http://stjohnskasson.org/wp/
- The topic ‘Subdirectory Install Lost Entire Site’ is closed to new replies.