WordPress.org

Support

Support » Plugins and Hacks » Doc It (Documentation) » [Resolved] Sub-categories in non-English

[Resolved] Sub-categories in non-English

  • The plugin is really great, just what I was looking for.

    There’s one problem though. Naming sub-categories in Russian causes an error when going to pages in those sub-categories:

    Catchable fatal error: Object of class WP_Error could not be converted to string in /usr/local/apache2/htdocsprod/romm/wordpress/wp-content/plugins/slick-doc-it/includes/di-functions.php on line 370

    What’s interesting is that when you go to the sub-category itself, there’s no error. Seems like it’s an issue with breadcrumbs.

    So, when the breadcrumb ends in Russian, there’s no error. In my case breadcrumb looks like this when you go to a sub-category – “Wiki » Тест”, where “Тест” is in Russian characters. And it works fine.

    When there’s supposed to be some Russian in the middle of the breadcrumb it breaks. For example if you go to a page in “Тест” sub-category, there’s and error and an unfinished breadcrumb: “Wiki »” when it’s supposed to look like “Wiki » Тест » Test”.

    Help would be much appreciated.

    http://wordpress.org/plugins/slick-doc-it/

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Here are few images – http://imgur.com/UE2xHaf,iD9bd0y

    Plugin Author slickremix

    @slickremix

    Hey noodles91,
    Thanks for using our plugin. We apologize for an inconvenience this has caused you! Can you please send us a link to a live example. There may be a chance that we need to login to your install to see why its breaking.

    Thanks again for your interest in our plugin!

    Thanks for a quick reply!

    Unfortunately, the website I am working on is for internal use in a company and is based on an intranet server. So I am afraid that you won’t be able to look at it live.

    I think you can try to recreate the bug, it should be easy. Just use Russian name for a category/sub-category. For example ‘Тест’ or ‘Проверка’, you can just copy-paste it.

    No more replies?

    By the way, I’ve just found out that your plugin was breaking my WordPress’ ordering somehow. Noticed it when using get_posts() function and trying to order by date. And it breaks ordering everywhere, like even in the Admin panel, when you try to order list of pages or posts by anything, it just doesn’t work.

    Spent quite some time figuring out what was causing it. I have even deleted the plugin and redownloaded, then tested it by turning off all other plugins and it was definitely Doc It.

    Can’t use it unfortunately, until its fixed.

    Plugin Author slickremix

    @slickremix

    Sorry been under the weather here. Thanks for the update on ordering issues. We will be getting a fix for this and the language thing as soon as we can. We’ll keep you updated.

    Cool, waiting for an update then. Good luck with fixing 🙂

    Plugin Author slickremix

    @slickremix

    Good news I believe we have found a fix for the language issue. Next is to address the sorting issue. Stay tuned for an update soon! 🙂

    Great, thanks! 🙂

    Plugin Author slickremix

    @slickremix

    We believe this should fixed now please update to newest version and test. 🙂

    Thanks!

    Plugin Author slickremix

    @slickremix

    Correction: sorry we still know about the sort order issue.

    Plugin Author slickremix

    @slickremix

    Update to 1.0.7, fixed many issues including the sort order.

    Awesome, thanks. That took quite some time 🙂

    I’ve since come up with my own solution, but will try your plugin again, think it will work better. Good luck with further development!

    I’ve just tested it and I’m sorry to say that the ordering problem is still there. When Doc It is active, sorting in admin lists (list of pages for example) doesn’t work.

    That wouldn’t be much of a problem, if it was only that. It also breaks ordering of news in a news widget for example (GK News Show Pro), so the news are not ordered by date.

    I’ve tried reinstalling the plugin and changing the theme, that didn’t help. Hope you can figure out how to fix it.

    Plugin Author slickremix

    @slickremix

    Maybe I am misunderstanding your issue. When you say the problem still exists are you trying to move the posts around with the mouse on posts and pages or categories outside of docit, and they are moving? Can you take a screen shot of exactly what your talking about… also you say you fixed it for your issue… can you share what you did to fix the problem please and explain clearly the issue? Many thanks!

    I mean wordpress pages and posts and such in wordpress admin panel. Not anything related to Doc It pages/categories.

    And I am talking about sorting the lists of pages/posts by their names or creation dates (clicking on the headers), etc. With Doc It plugin activated, it just doesn’t work. It also messes up ordering in that widget I mentioned, it’s supposed to display news from newer to older. With Doc It activated it doesnt do it, it just adds the news at the end, when it should be the other way around.

    It’s like Doc It somehow messes up the sorting functions in WordPress when activated.

    When I said that I’ve made my own solution, I meant that I just created a page with similar functionality to Doc It (documention page). I haven’t fixed Doc It problems as I dont have time for that.

    Can’t make screenshots unfortunately, as I am off work and won’t be there for few days. Just try to activate the plugin and then sort the list of pages or posts in wordpress admin panel, see if it works.

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘[Resolved] Sub-categories in non-English’ is closed to new replies.
Skip to toolbar