Struggling with local installation (Mac)
I’m trying to install WP locally on my Mac. Here’s what I’ve managed:
* I’ve got MAMP installed successfully and created a mySQL database called wordpress.
* Downloaded and unzipped WP.
* I wasn’t sure where WP needed to go as Codex offered two options, so have uploaded in both /Users/USERNAME/Sites/wordpress/ AND (renamed wordpresstest) in the MAMP/htdocs folder.
* Visited http://localhost:8888/MAMP/ and there is my wordpress database with nothing in it.
Here’s where I’m stuck:
Lastly, we’ve got to run WordPress’ famous 5-minute install. Visit your local site (localhost:port or localhost:port/wordpress), and enter the following information into the database setup form:
Database Name: wordpress
User Name (database): root
Password (database): root
Database Host/server: localhost
Table Prefix: wp_
I can’t find the database setup form. And, when I go to http://localhost:8888/wordpresstest I get a 404.
I know there’s something big I’m not getting here – can anyone help me?
Thanks so much!
- The topic ‘Struggling with local installation (Mac)’ is closed to new replies.