I need some help with deciding on a strategy for setting up a webshop for a jewelry brand. The dilemma is:
a WP website with links to a Shopify webshop
a complete WP site/shop
Done so far:
– domain bought, web hosting set up
– wordpress installed
– main plugins set up (contact form, instagram, twitter)
– mock up content created and uploaded
Now we need to decide on a design template and this is where confusion begins. I understand that we need a plugin for the back-end (admin panel) which administers the shop (products, orders, cart…) but I suppose we also need a design template for the front-end (what the customer sees)?
1. Do these two things usually come as a package? I am currently checking Themeforest in the WP commerce category, is that what I need?
2. When the back end is set up, we will also need a payment gateway (PayPal preferred). Is this part of the plugin/shopping cart or is it something that integrates separately?
We currently have a Shopify account which is still not actively in use; I’m wondering if we should create a website on WP and link that to the Shopify shop (confusing for the customer but probably more secure) OR get deep into the pitts and do it all on WP?
MANY thanks to all of you who will take your time and guide me through this.
- The topic ‘Strategy for a webshop – oppinions and crash course needed’ is closed to new replies.