Strange Permalink Behavior
My permalinks are acting wonky. Here are the clues I can provide:
- When I set permalink structure to default, all the pages and single blog posts load. Single custom post type posts return 404 (ex. /?speaker=chuckmo)
- If I change to any other permalink structure, all pages resolve to the blog listing except for the static front page
- This is the case across Twenty Eleven and my custom theme. However, if I:
- Load up Twenty Ten with non-default permalinks (still same broken behavior)
- Switch to default permalink structure (now everything works)
- Switch back to any other structure and reload the URL (like /?p=4), it then resolves to the slug url and all the pages and single blog posts work (same behavior as default structure)
- Once I get the non-defulat structure working, everything goes fine until I add a new page to the site, at which point everything breaks and I have to follow the steps above for non-default permalinks to work. This would be fine except for the fact that my custom post type single pages are broken.
Further more, this has happened across different WP installations on my server, which lead me to believe it may be something configured on that level. I’m also thinking the server may be haunted.
- The topic ‘Strange Permalink Behavior’ is closed to new replies.