• Resolved efishinsea

    (@efishinsea)


    Hi.

    I just started using your plugin and seems to generally be working well. Thanks!

    I’m experiencing a weird bug that is adding extra Anchor elements to a menu we use for external social media links. I’ve got the URLs in the menu in the Exceptions > Exclude external Links by URL list, but that doesn’t seem to have any affect on this.

    This is the HTML being generated. Note the extraneous

    <a data-wpel-link="internal" a="" us<="" with="" connect=""> </a>

    tags being added in by your plugin:

    <ul class="sub-menu">
    <a data-wpel-link="internal" a="" us<="" with="" connect=""> </a>
    <li id="menu-item-7272" class="sm-facebook menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-7272">
    <a data-wpel-link="internal" a="" us<="" with="" connect=""></a>
    <a href="https://www.facebook.com/our-facebook-id/" target="_blank">Facebook</a>
    </li>
    <li id="menu-item-92" class="sm-twitter menu-item menu-item-type-custom menu-item-object-custom menu-item-92">
    <a data-wpel-link="exclude" href="https://twitter.com/our-twitter-id" target="_blank">Twitter</a>
    </li>
    ...

    I have used some CSS to hide these for now, but would like to understand why this is happening and see a fix for it.

    Thanks

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-external-links/

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Strange bug’ is closed to new replies.