This was previously reported as
but the item was closed EVEN though it was not resolved AND had been reported to occur in WordPress 3.5 and the Twenty Twelve theme.
Unwanted span tags created when toggling ordered or unordered list in Visual edit.
span style="line-height: 1.714285714; font-size: 1rem;"
Steps to create:
- Switch to Twenty Twelve theme
- In the text editor type/paste in some lines you want to turn into a list.
- Switch to Visual
- Select the block of lines and click on the Unordered list toolbar.
- Switch back to Text
- Notice the unwanted spans that have been created.
Alternatively, start with a perfectly acceptable Unordered list and try to remove the list. The unwanted spans rear their ugly head again.
Same problem occurs with ordered list.
Using Chrome inspector you can see the unwanted spans being created when the toolbar button is clicked.
- The topic ‘Strange Behaviour making lists in the Visual Editor’ is closed to new replies.