Support » How-To and Troubleshooting » Strange Admin Issues with 3.8.1

Strange Admin Issues with 3.8.1

  • I recently notice a whole host of strange issues in the admin areas of my site. I run a multisite network, and these issues are happening across all sites network wide. I have disabled all plugins and tested with the default themes, and I’ve replace the wordpress files with clean versions, and no joy.

    Some of the issues include flyout menus not working, the menu editing interface is missing options, the widget editing interface is broken, some buttons appear very large. Those are the primary things I’ve noticed.

    The front end of sites is fine. Much of the functionality is fine, but I would like to get to the bottom of what could be causing this.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Home of the problems I’m having Vietnamese gauge. It almost ruin all my language. And I can not write my blog in the language. we only get english

    Hey! Exactly same issue here. How did you solve it? Please help

    Same here. I think it’s even worse.. help, please!

    This was caused by a hack. While I don’t have a list of all files cleaned, and really either your host or a security specialist should clean up (or better yet, you should restore your site to a previously working state), in the end what was causing the admin issue was base64 code inserted into the themes and plugins. It is at the very top of the file, and is a huge chunk of letters. In my case it was in every index.php, functions.php, and header.php file in my themes and plugins folder.

    Assuming all other security threats are cleaned, removing this will fix the admin issues. Or a clean reinstall of WordPress and your plugins and themes if you don’t have a backup.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Strange Admin Issues with 3.8.1’ is closed to new replies.