Support » Plugin: PDF Embedder » Stopped working after latest WordPress update

  • Resolved jodani



    Could you please have a look at the provided link – as PDF Embedder has stopped working on 2 of my web sites following an update to the latest WordPress version.


    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Support WP-PDF Support


    Hi @jodani

    I took a look at the page and saw that the scripts are not being loaded. There are two possibilities here:

    1. The plugin is not active. The plugin did get deactivated on many sites with the 4.1 update due to a deployment issue. The plugin was not automatically reactivated when it subsequently updated to 4.2. Please double check to make sure that the plugin is in fact activated.
    2. I noticed that you have the Autoptimizely caching plugin on the site. Caching of the scripts can cause problems. To rectify this error, you will need to exclude the following URIs for the plugin scripts from the Autoptimize (and any other caching tools):
      • /wp-content/plugins/pdfembedder/js/all-pdfemb-basic.min.js,
      • /wp-content/plugins/pdfembedder/js/pdfjs/pdf.min.js, and
      • /wp-content/plugins/pdfembedder/js/pdfjs/pdf.worker.min.js

      The plugin scripts are already minified so you will not be losing any efficiency or load speed by excluding them. Be sure to flush any caches after you exclude the scripts so that they can be loaded by the site again and the embed viewer should be displayed correctly once this has been done.

    If you have any other questions, please do not hesitate to send us an email to as we may not see the forum posts in a timely fashion.


    • This reply was modified 7 months ago by WP-PDF Support. Reason: Fixed incorrect file path
    Optimizing Matters


    To exclude from AO you can also simply add wp-content/plugins/pdfembedder to the comma-separated JS optimization exclusion list 🙂

    Good that the JS is already minified, but do take into account that excluding any files from being optimized will make them render-blocking (vs the autoptimized JS which is not as it is deferred-

    hope this helps,
    frank (ao dev)

    Same problem here (using Premium): plugin deactivated itself after updating from 4.0 to 4.2

    Activated it manually, and now all seems fine again 😉

    Reactivated the plug-in and it now works fine.


Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Stopped working after latest WordPress update’ is closed to new replies.