[Resolved] Still get jQuery message
It worked fine on another WordPress hosted site.
If you look at your web developer console (usually Control-Shift-J) then it may give you a clue as to what component of your WP install is causing the problem. Plugins are just one possibility.
Another: use the “View Source” in your web browser, and scroll to the bottom of the source. Is there an error message there? If not, change the WP_DEBUG setting in your wp-config.php to true and try the same again.
sorry to jump in, we are having same issue and the only way to correct it is by using the following
# Header set Access-Control-Allow-Origin “*”
however this opens a backdoor for hackers
what did you change in last update
I’ve been suffering this issue on a fairly regular basis for a few months (i.e. prior to release of 1.9.0). I’ve concluded it might be linked to an environmental issue – it doesn’t always fail so might is dependent on some other factor as well. See below for more info.
On around 50% of occasions , the ‘Settings’, ‘UpdraftPlus Backups’ page fails to load and the message ‘Warning: If you can still read these words after the pages finishes loading…..’ continues to be visible. Normally when the warning message continues to be visible, the page looks fine (as far as I can tell) except the ‘Save changes’ button at the bottom is not displayed. On the occasions it fails, then if left long enough, the page will time out.
I checked out the following:
1) I’m on the latest version of WP (3.8.1) and UpdraftPlus (1.9.0).
2) Updraft Plus is the only active plugin.
3) Active theme is Twenty Eleven.
4) The Updraft Plus settings page is the only page I have any issue with, all other pages in WP display without issue.
5) The WordPress area is not in the root of the website and the main website (static pages) which is live always has a good response time i.e. the server is performing acceptably well even when Updraft is ‘timing out’.
6) The WP website I am working on has yet to go live so I am able to make major changes fairly easily, the site is very small (6 pages no posts or comments) and I am the only visitor.
8) I’ve checked on 3 or 4 occasions when the page fails and the ‘view page source’ shows an empty page (in Chrome and Firefox).
9) I’m on a shared host so don’t know what else is going on elsewhere on the server.
I’ve done a number of tests to see if I can determine any pattern in when the page load fails. At one point it looked like it might be tied to which page you were on prior to loading the Updraft settings page but that theory crashed (and burned). See test results below.
When a page failed, I left it for at least 20 seconds, sometimes a lot longer before concluding it wouldn’t complete.
Previous page Result
All Posts Succeeded (took approx 10 seconds for message to disappear)
Appearance /themes Failed
All posts Succeeded
Installed plugins Failed
Settings General Succeeded
Pages Succeeded (took a few seconds for message to disappear)
Posts Succeeded (took a few seconds for message to disappear)
But then the run of success at the end implied maybe it’s an ‘environmental’ factor – something else on the machine.
Would these symptoms point to anything in particular that I can try to check?
My first guess based on all that you’ve said is that your webserver is not entirely reliable. I’d use something like Wireshark to investigate what’s happening at the level of network traffic.
Ok will do. I’ve just undertaken another round of tests and after 30 loads of the Updraft settings page it has worked every time (best it’s ever been)! So whatever it is it’s intermittent. I will have a look with Wireshark and post back when I have some info.
Thanks for the thought.
- The topic ‘[Resolved] Still get jQuery message’ is closed to new replies.