If only I could give negative negative ratings, AddThis’s Share Buttons would have received a straight negative 5* reating!
It seams that having successfully grown the company by now, they are more focused on large accounts and completely ignore the small clients. This is obviously their right, but they at least have the decency to update the marketing materials to reflect the following facts:
1) There is almost zero customer support on their site or on WP forums – many basic questions (that look more like other mislead clients…) go unanswered for long period
2) when they do get answered, the official answers contradict the official marketing materials regarding customisation functionality (that doesn’t work…)
3) Customisation is almost impossible – you get stuck with their default service list and cannot customise it, even though there are a few ways advertised officially that explain how to customise the service/buttons list.
4) It has extremely basic customisation options – compared to other more modren plugins.
5) Even when I try to follow their instructions, it still gets completely messed up by wrong and limited CSS – makes me feel they were simply lazy….
6) Forget about the entire marketing bla bla bla about a long list of services – you get stuck with what they “think” is the best list (and somehow basic outdated….) for you and that it – take it or leave it.
Why negative review then?
Simply because they completely mislead us in their marketing materials!
If only were they honest a little – c’est la vie.
- The topic ‘Stay Away! Worst Social Media Plugin!’ is closed to new replies.