Static URLs, Keywords, News Aggregation
I am seriously considering WordPress to add a blog to our free day trading site (under a different url). There are a few issues that I am still concerned about and would sincerely appreciate help with.
1) I was told that there’s a mod rewrite button that you just have to turn on and you can get static looking URLs instead of dynamic URLs. Is this true? If it is, can we choose the filenames for each page and will users be able to leave comments on a page without the page name changing?
2) I am planning to use one of the WordPress companies that you mention in the hosting section of your website. I noticed that they offer “automatic installation.” Once I sign up with them, will I be able to take advantage of the static url feature mentioned above or will I just get a standard, “one-size-fits-all”, unchangeable set up?
3) I saw a table of features on the web comparing different blog platforms and it stated that we can’t choose the keywords for each page. Can meta description and keyword tags be added to each page?
4) Does WordPress provide a search feature?
5) The table of features mentioned in number 2 above also stated that WordPress does not have News Aggregation. What does this mean exactly?
Thank you so much for your help.
- The topic ‘Static URLs, Keywords, News Aggregation’ is closed to new replies.