I was trying to create a static front page and i followed these instructions provided by WordPress support:
If WordPress is in Root
If you do not want to move your WordPress installation to another folder, or you are in a hurry, you can use these instructions or look below.
1. Create a new folder on your site server for WordPress index.php file.
2. Download index.php WordPress file and open it in a text editor.
3. Change the require('./wp-blog-header.php'); line to require('../wp-blog-header.php');
4. Save and upload the modified index.php file into the new folder.
5. Login into your WordPress Administration Panel and go to Settings > General.
6. Change your Blog URI pointing to the new folder. For example, if your site is http://example.com, and the new folder is called blog, enter http://example.com/blog.
Now, upload your splash page to your root server folder.
I must have forgotten something and now nothing seems to work well. I can't access the Administration panel, so I can't change the Blog URL back to what it was. I'm pretty sure the solution is to change the Blog URL but how can I change it if I can't access the Administration Panel?
Thanks in advance.