[topic title moderated – http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Choose_A_Good_Topic_Title ]
I’m a Graphic Designer and I’d like to start a WordPress website for selling graphic goods/resources around the net, using Paypal/Skrill as a paying method.
I’m a kind off a newbie in all the coding and WordPress stuff, so, basically – I’d like to ask for some start-up tips and information to straight-up and channelise everything I have on my mind.
I’d be very greatful and I’ll appreciate it a lot. So, Thank you in an advance.
01. I’ll be probably going to buy some WordPress template and hire some WordPress expert after that in order to edit the existing template by my criteria and finalize it to the website launch itself. So lately I’ve been digging around the net and I found a WordPress marketplace called http://www.ThemeForest.net. I’ve digged into it and I found a several sub-categories in the WordPress themes:
Blog / Magazine
At the first glance I’ve digged into the eCommerce category yet, – I wasnt very sure if that’s the exact category what I’m looking for it judging by what I’m imagining it… Here are a few websites that have pretty much all the functions what I need and are operating at the way I’d like my website to operate:
So, the question is: what type (kind) of websites are these and where should i dig?
02. If I buy one of the Themes offered on http://www.ThemeForest.net which are from 25-60$ are these some quality kind of websites or they’re not worth it and it’ll take a lot of effort of editing it and setting all the things up (roughly said)?
03. What’s the average price of editing an already boughten Template in order to satisfy the needs/criteria of the client (Pixel Perfect Editing)?
04. How long does it takes to edit an existing (boughten) template in WordPress (roughly said)?
05. Judging by your own personal View and Experience in building websites for Clients – Have you ever faced some Graphic Designer client you’ve build a website for..? If so, roughly speaking are these kind of websites profitable or you’re not really sure about it?
I’d appreciate it a lot if you can spend a min or two and shoot my with some answers.
Thanks a lot,
- The topic ‘Starting a WordPress Website’ is closed to new replies.