Support » Plugin: Print My Blog - Print, PDF, & eBook Converter WordPress Plugin » Started the printout, but nothing happened …

  • Resolved Harald Wenzel

    (@epiphanius1)


    Hello,
    waiting for a long time I finally tried to start it again, but still, nothing happened. So I uninstalled the plugin. By accident, I had a look at my database and found it to be > 1GB by size. I immediately did some steps to clean it, and in this process I did see, that a huge amount of transient data was caused by the plugin, probably when it crashed. I am using the Bhari Theme. Maybe this is some useful suggestion for some other people with this problem to look into …

    The page I need help with: [log in to see the link]

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Plugin Author Michael Nelson

    (@mnelson4)

    Hi @epiphanius1, sorry to hear it didn’t work for you.
    It seems you have the WP REST API disabled, probably using “All in One WP Security”‘s “Disallow Unauthorized REST Requests” (see https://mbrsolution.com/security/all-in-one-wp-security-and-firewall-maintenance.php, under “WP REST API”). I could tell because when I visit your site’s WP JSON url, https://w3punkt.de/wp-json, it get an HTML error response saying “You are not authorized to perform this action.” And I can reproduce that exact error by activating “WP ALL in One WP Security” and using that option I mentioned.
    Like they warn, that can disable some functionality, in this case it makes it impossible for Print My Blog to fetch the needed info.
    If you re-enable the the REST API (from your WP dashboard, go to “WP Security”, then “Miscellaneous” then “WP REST API”, and uncheck the checkbox and save), I bet Print My Blog will work.
    Also, I’ll add a FAQ for this in Print My Blog’s description, to help prevent future users having this problem.

    Regarding the transient data, when I wrote this plugin, I actually don’t purposefully save any information to the database (the plugin’s Javascript just stores data in the web browser, not on the server), so I’m not sure what data you found.
    What database table did you find the transient data in? What was it called? I’m really puzzled by what this could be.

    • This reply was modified 7 months, 2 weeks ago by  Michael Nelson. Reason: missing a parenthesis

    Hello Michael,
    happy to hear from you so soon and also to see your detailed analysis of the problem and the cure to it. In the second part, regarding the database transitories, I have to admit, that I must have been confusing things by connecting a table of print my blog entry with possible data accumulated by an extended search plugin. So thanks a lot! Great!

    Plugin Author Michael Nelson

    (@mnelson4)

    Well thanks for reporting the issues you had. I hope you got it to work (I’m still getting that same error when using the hosted version).
    And thanks for following-up about the transitory data. I’m reassured to know it wasn’t my code leaving all that junk!

    Thanks again for the feedback (and doing that German translation). Please consider leaving a review too!

    You are welcome! Thank you too!

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Started the printout, but nothing happened …’ is closed to new replies.